In this strange land, nothing is what it seems: a prison becomes a tourist attraction, a storey robot is a building, a man becomes a beauty queen, a Buddhist temple turns into hell on earth, a loving wife is immortalized as the most famous and ferocious of all phantoms, and a serial killer s corpse is reincarnated as a museum exhibit. Bizarre Thailand takes an irreverent look at how the profound, profane and frankly quite odd intertwine with the rhythms and flows of everyday Thai life, paying homage to the quintessential culture of one of Southeast Asia's most captivating destinations.
Jim Algie has been chronicling the dark and sexy side of Thailand for the past 17 years in publications including Bizarre magazine, the International Herald Tribune and the Japan Times.
His short fiction has picked up several awards, including as a co-recipient of the Bram Stoker award. He was a co-founder, chief editor and leading writer of Southeast Asia s most gonzo publication, FarangUntamed Travel magazine.
- What May Words Say . . . ?: A Reading of the The Merchant of Venice.
- Christopher G. Moore - Asia Fiction, eBook online, Best Sellers?
- Get off the beaten path in Thailand.
- Join Kobo & start eReading today;
- Bizarre Thailand Tales of Crime, Sex and Black Magic?
- What is Kobo Super Points?.
- Building an Enterprise-Wide Business Continuity Program.
- Best Easy Vegetarian Recipes (Great vegetarian book with quick, simple, healthy, lunch, dinner meals);
- Code Billy: 75 Real Life Meditations?
- Record Details.
- Latest Releases.
- Write a Review;
This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Get off the beaten path in Thailand Tons of places.
Great directions. Last updated: July Just a few of the places inside: The museum of elephants carved from wood The biggest collection of Batman stuff in Thailand The museum where the chicken bowls are made The park where paper really is made from poo The island where you can eat deep fried flowers The museum of Counterfeit Goods: try to tell real from fake The creepiest-looking forest in Thailand The Thai Film Museum: a glimpse back in time, through movies And plenty more.
Buy now and start exploring the awesome side of Thailand.
- Bizarre Thailand, Tales of Crime, Sex and Black Magic by Jim Algie | | Booktopia.
- Promoting Blogs from Thailand?
- Dark Light: Engines of Light Book 2;
- Jutro v gozdu - Score.
- Bizarre Thailand;
- Battle in the Bedchamber (Emerald Envisage);